MUSIC & VOICE LESSONS/CLASSES STARTING… JANUARY 2016!!
PIANO LESSONS (5yrs & up)
VIOLIN LESSONS (5yrs & up)
GUITAR LESSONS (7yrs & up)
VOICE LESSONS (7yrs & up)
PRESCHOOL MUSIC CLASSES (3-5yrs)
INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC CLASSES (6-7yrs)
High Country is excited to announce that we will be launching our new music program this spring! We are now accepting reservations. For those interested in taking music or voice lessons, please return this "Hold Your Spot Form" to HCCD. You can specify the day, time and class you would like to take. HCCD has multiple music and voice rooms which will allow families to conveniently schedule all of their kids at the same time (space permitting). We will set up lessons on a first come first serve basis.
Advantages to taking music lessons with us…
- Easy Scheduling - Students and parents can choose from a range of music and dance programs available at the same time. For example, families find they can save time by scheduling one child in guitar lessons while the other child is taking piano lessons. If desired, students can take a music lesson and dance class on the same day, providing more time for other activities, family time and less driving for parents. Also, if parents want to take lessons, they can set up a class during their child's music or dance class!
- Qualified, Caring Instructors – HCCD will have the same standard for its music program as it has for its dance program. We will only hire the best. We will not only look for highly trained individuals, but instructors who can relate with the typical needs of their students.
- Professional Setting for Study – Learning music is not just a matter of having a qualified teacher, but also having an environment that is focused on music education. In a professional school environment a student cannot be distracted by TV, pets, ringing phones, siblings or anything else. With 30-60 minutes of lesson time per week, a professional school environment can produce better results since the only focus at the time is learning music. Students in a school environment are also motivated by hearing peers who are at different levels and by being exposed to variety of different instruments. In a music school, the lessons are not just a hobby or side-line for the teacher but a responsibility which is taken very seriously.
- Recitals – Just like dance, HCCD will have music recitals throughout the year for students to perform in. We feel it is a vital part of each student's education. In order for students to feel comfortable playing in public, they need to have multiple opportunities to perform in front of an audience.
- Curriculum – Just like the dance program, HCCD will have a set curriculum for its music students. There are some excellent materials developed by professional music educators that are made for students in a variety of situations. For example in piano, there are books for very young beginners, and books for adult students that have never played before. There are books that can start you at a level you are comfortable with. These materials have been researched and are continually upgraded and improved to make learning easier. These materials ensure that no important part of learning the instrument can inadvertently be left out. If you ever have to move to a different part of the country, qualified teachers and institutions will recognize the materials and be able to smoothly continue from where the previous teacher left off.